Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Twilight Saga- New Moon

Go down 
5 posters

I wanna see it so bad, I'm going on
the midnight showing!
The Twilight Saga- New Moon Vote_lcap67%The Twilight Saga- New Moon Vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
opening night!
The Twilight Saga- New Moon Vote_lcap0%The Twilight Saga- New Moon Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
whenever I get there
The Twilight Saga- New Moon Vote_lcap33%The Twilight Saga- New Moon Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
onehawaiian
Admin
Admin
onehawaiian

The Twilight Saga- New Moon Empty
PostSubject: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 12:47 pm

i guess this one is mainly for the ladies...
who's going opening night?
or better yet, who is going on the midnight showing?

i saw the trailer and i'm not afraid to admit i want to see this movie.
but i'm thinking if i see it in the theaters it will be a crappy experience...
Suspect

Last edited by onehawaiian on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://threeb.forumotion.net
DEAN THE CLOWN

DEAN THE CLOWN

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 10:56 pm

onehawaiian wrote:
i guess this one is mainly for the ladies...
who's going opening night?
or better yet, who is going on the midnight showing?

i saw the trailer and i'm not afraid to admit i want to see this movie.
Suspect

Why do you think that? On the big screen, surround sound, etc. Should be a good experience, right?

I'm always confusing moves, titles, this is the second one? I saw the first, it was alright. I'll wait till dvd on this one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theverticalsummit.com
onehawaiian
Admin
Admin
onehawaiian

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 12:07 am

DEAN THE CLOWN wrote:
onehawaiian wrote:

Suspect

Why do you think that? On the big screen, surround sound, etc. Should be a good experience, right?
i saw the first one in a theater full of about 200 teeny girls all "ooh-ing" and swooning over every scene.
movie was good.
viewing experience, not so much.
Back to top Go down
pinkpanthercsi

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:03 am

I AM SOOOOOOO GOING SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!
SO GONNA WAIT 12 HOURS IN LINE FOR THAT!!!
Back to top Go down
DEAN THE CLOWN

DEAN THE CLOWN

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 1:26 pm

pinkpanthercsi wrote:
I AM SOOOOOOO GOING SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!
SO GONNA WAIT 12 HOURS IN LINE FOR THAT!!!

hahaha, nice! Plp are crazy for doing that. If it was the first Star Wars then I'd understand.
Back to top Go down
Sugar & Spice

Sugar & Spice

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:33 pm

I'm taking my dd to the midnight showing on Thursday! It's actually a belated b-day present for her. We rarely ever go to the theater (hating paying those prices), so it will be a treat for both of us! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DEAN THE CLOWN

DEAN THE CLOWN

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Sugar & Spice wrote:
I'm taking my dd to the midnight showing on Thursday! It's actually a belated b-day present for her. We rarely ever go to the theater (hating paying those prices), so it will be a treat for both of us! Very Happy

With my girls student ID card it's $16 for the two of us. Usually $19.
What's it where your at?

There's this new place here, a plaza where they have a new theater that has big reclining leather chairs, you can get meals, beer. It's quite pricey but nice to do every blue moon.
Back to top Go down
Sugar & Spice

Sugar & Spice

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:50 pm

DEAN THE CLOWN wrote:
Sugar & Spice wrote:

What's it where your at?

There's this new place here, a plaza where they have a new theater that has big reclining leather chairs, you can get meals, beer. It's quite pricey but nice to do every blue moon.

I *think* ticket prices here are around $7.50. I can't be sure because we really only go to the theater maybe 3 times a year ? Now that I'm a part-time college student, I can get tickets for $6.00. That helps, but factor in the cost of snacks -- YIKES !!! The thing is, when I go to the theater, I have to indulge in a hot dog and popcorn! I guess I see the movie theater as a rare treat, so I go all out when I do!

That theater you mentioned sounds nice! We don't have anything like that here yet.
Back to top Go down
DEAN THE CLOWN

DEAN THE CLOWN

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 5:03 pm

Sugar & Spice wrote:
DEAN THE CLOWN wrote:
Sugar & Spice wrote:

What's it where your at?

I *think* ticket prices here are around $7.50. I can't be sure because we really only go to the theater maybe 3 times a year ? Now that I'm a part-time college student, I can get tickets for $6.00. That helps, but factor in the cost of snacks -- YIKES !!! The thing is, when I go to the theater, I have to indulge in a hot dog and popcorn! I guess I see the movie theater as a rare treat, so I go all out when I do!

That theater you mentioned sounds nice! We don't have anything like that here yet.

Well that's a great deal what your paying. We go maybe once every 6 weeks or so. Would rather stay in and get some dvd's, cook/some drinks, at home. But yah, you gotta do something different from time to time. ALSO, when we do hit up the show the gf takes a very large purse, I call this thing a bag. So we stop at the nearest dollor store, and it's candy like mad and I'll throw in 2 Coors light. Hahahha. Good times, good times!
Back to top Go down
Sugar & Spice

Sugar & Spice

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 5:08 pm

^^^ LOL @ the Coors light! I sneak in Raisinettes, but you can't beat the theater hot dogs! They are so juicy! Oh, and I sneak in mochi crunch. Heh heh ...

I have seen debates on other forums where people argue that, as parents, we are teaching our kids to break the rules by sneaking in candy and that the theaters make most of their profit from the concession stand sales. The way *I* see it, though ... I have to find a way to make the movie theater experience more affordable for me, especially as a single parent. Does the theater want me spending $20 at the concession stand or ZERO ???

The theaters have even bigger competition now that there are those dollar movie rental machines in the grocery stores. $1 for a one-night current movie rental??? Sure, it's not the same as the theater experience, but if I'm on a tight budget, hey, I'll gladly watch Transformers 2 on my home tv and spend $10 on snacks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DEAN THE CLOWN

DEAN THE CLOWN

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 5:20 pm

Sugar & Spice wrote:
^^^ LOL @ the Coors light! I sneak in Raisinettes, but you can't beat the theater hot dogs! They are so juicy! Oh, and I sneak in mochi crunch. Heh heh ...

I have seen debates on other forums where people argue that, as parents, we are teaching our kids to break the rules by sneaking in candy and that the theaters make most of their profit from the concession stand sales. The way *I* see it, though ... I have to find a way to make the movie theater experience more affordable for me, especially as a single parent. Does the theater want me spending $20 at the concession stand or ZERO ???

The theaters have even bigger competition now that there are those dollar movie rental machines in the grocery stores. $1 for a one-night current movie rental??? Sure, it's not the same as the theater experience, but if I'm on a tight budget, hey, I'll gladly watch Transformers 2 on my home tv and spend $10 on snacks! Very Happy

Exactly! Yep, we get movies from those 1 machines., great deal that is! Gotta watch that chedda as B calls it. Times are rough and one has to be smart.
Back to top Go down
onehawaiian
Admin
Admin
onehawaiian

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 7:47 pm

night and matinee tickets are about $10.
discounts are helpful (student, senior, etc)

i also have a concierge membership so i can reserve seats and dont have to wait in line.
its quite nice on opening nights.
cheers
Back to top Go down
DEAN THE CLOWN

DEAN THE CLOWN

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 8:43 pm

onehawaiian wrote:
night and matinee tickets are about $10.
discounts are helpful (student, senior, etc)

i also have a concierge membership so i can reserve seats and dont have to wait in line.
its quite nice on opening nights.
cheers

That cool. Not sure if we have that or not. Will def look into that. Would be nice to just walk in pass everyone and have seats that don't kill your neck. haha.
Back to top Go down
Sugar & Spice

Sugar & Spice

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 7:53 am

How does one get a concierge membership? I never heard of that.
Back to top Go down
onehawaiian
Admin
Admin
onehawaiian

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 4:16 am

Sugar & Spice wrote:
How does one get a concierge membership? I never heard of that.
ward theaters has a vip membership service.
i get to reserve up to six seats.
we don't have to wait in line, we go in before the crowd, and we also have concession service before the movie.
it used to be super cheap before at $50/year, but now it's kinda pricey at about $160/yr.
it's worth it if you go to a few blockbusters a year, and take guests and/or dates.
Back to top Go down
onehawaiian
Admin
Admin
onehawaiian

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 8:27 am

so my neighbor tells me windward mall is doing this special...
showing twilight at 9p for $5, and then new moon right after.
and you can keep your seat!

not good biz sense, but what do i know?

confused
Back to top Go down
Malicesa

Malicesa

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 10:09 pm

So I got to see New moon in Vegas opening weekend & I have to admit I got a bit bored. Nothing excited me about it, nothing that makes me want to rush out and see it again or want to go at midnight and buy the DVD. The film was ass numbing two hours long.
All you really got to see was Bella (sit in front of a window and later try to get an adrenaline rush so she could "see" Edward.) There were too many unnecessary dramatic pauses.

I did enjoy the scene where the wolf pack went after Victoria in the woods.
I did like Alice's part.I was sad the Volturi weren't really a major part of the film, they made a big deal about casting Dakota Fanning and she was in it for what 5 minutes?
I loved Michael Sheen (who played a werewolf in the “Underworld” series) as Aro.

I'll stick to the books LOL

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga- New Moon   The Twilight Saga- New Moon Empty

Back to top Go down

The Twilight Saga- New Moon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Misc :: The Lounge-
Jump to: